Connect with us


25-year-old suffers life-threatening injuries in construction mishap



Article content

The Ministry of Labour is investigating a construction accident in Lucan Biddulph that left a 25-year-old with life-threatening injuries, police said.

Middlesex OPP initially said Tuesday the 25-year-old died following the accident Monday morning in Lucan-Biddulph but issued an update later in the day to say the injured person was still alive.

Article content

The 25-year-old was taken to hospital at about 10:35 a.m. on Monday from a site in Lucan Biddulph, north of London, Middlesex OPP said.

Article content

Police haven’t released the gender of the injured person or where the accident took place.

The Ministry of Labour is investigating, police said. 

Women charged with assaulting man smoking outside his home

Two London women face charges after a man was assaulted outside his home.

The man was smoking a cigarette outside his home in the area of Base Line Road and Cotswold Gate around 2 a.m. Sunday when he was assaulted by two women he knew, London police said Tuesday.

The man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and officers arrested two suspects nearby, police said.

One of the suspects resisted arrest, kicked two officers and spit on a third, police said, adding none of the officers was injured.

Two London women, aged 28 and 29, are charged with assault. The 29-year-old is additionally charged with assault with a weapon, while the 28-year-old is additionally charged with three counts of assaulting police. Both women are scheduled to appear in court on June 11.

St. Thomas police probe $100k wire theft

St. Thomas police are investigating the theft of wiring valued at $100,000 from a St. Thomas company on the weekend.

St. Thomas police were called to an address in the city’s industrial area on Monday to investigate a break-in to a locked outdoor compound, police said Tuesday.

Officers determined the property’s fence had been cut and the wiring was stolen over the weekend, police said.

Police are reviewing surveillance footage from the property. The investigation is ongoing, police said.

Recommended from Editorial

Share this article in your social network

Continue Reading