Connect with us

Cricket

ENG vs PAK 4th T20I, London: Rain Threatens Another Washout

Published

on

ENG vs PAK 4th T20I Rain (Source: X)

Rain is likely to hamper the Pakistan cricket team’s preparations for the T20 World Cup as the fourth T20I between England and the Babar Azam-led side is under threat of bad weather conditions. So far, the teams have been able to play just one game in the series, with two matches ending as a result due to rain. The fourth T20I will be played at Kennington Oval in London and unfortunately, the weather is not very promising during the game, threatening another washout.

As per AccuWeather, the conditions in London are expected to be wet in the afternoon and evening. There is a 46 percent chance of rain at 2:00 PM which increases to 54 percent before the game. The forecast gets slightly better at 7:00 PM with rain chances going down to 34 percent. Pakistan and even England won’t be pleased with another washout as this is the final game before the teams head to the USA and West Indies for the T20 World Cup.

Pakistan have not been in great form in the build-up to the T20 World Cup. The team lost a couple of games to a second-string New Zealand team at home before dropping a match to Ireland. They also suffered a defeat to England in the second T20I. Pakistan captain Babar Azam though downplayed any concerns regarding the team’s form saying that they are trying out different players to find the best combination for the T20 World Cup. However, rain has significantly hampered the team’s preparations.

The Pakistan Cricket Board revealed that the team will hold a practice session from 2 pm to 4 pm on Wednesday at The Oval, however, if the forecast comes true, it is very likely that the team will have to stay indoors.

Meanwhile, Pakistan have been kept in Group A of the T20 World Cup along with India, USA, Canada, and Ireland. The team will play the USA on June 6 before playing India on June 9. The Men in Green will clash with Canada on June 11 and Ireland on June 16. A top-two finish in the group will be needed to qualify for the Super 8s.

Pakistan Squad For T20 World Cup: Babar Azam (c), Abrar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Rizwan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Usman Khan

Continue Reading