Connect with us


Mum denies manslaughter of four children who died in London house fire



Devca Rose will go on trial for four counts of manslaughter of the boys

A mother faces trial over the deaths of four young children who died in a house fire in south London.

Deveca Rose pleaded not guilty to manslaughter of the two sets of twin boys who died at home in 2021.

Leyton and Logan Hoath, aged three, and Kyson and Bryson Hoath, aged four, were pulled from the ‘intense blaze’ at a terraced house by firefighters but could not be saved.

They were given CPR and taken to two hospitals, where they were pronounced dead.

Shortly afterwards, dad Dalton Hoath, 28, paid tribute to his sons saying they all loved superheroes, and their Christmas presents were still under the tree.

He told ITV: ‘My sons were loving, kind, caring unique boys and didn’t deserve to be involved in such a tragic accident that nobody could have expected.

‘Bryson, he was the first one born. He had a cute little birthmark on his face and he was just so clever.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5

The four brothers all loved superheroes and were about to celebrate Christmas, with their presents still under the tree
Balloons outside the property in Collingwood Road, Sutton (Picture: PA)
Kyson and Bryson were four, and Logan and Leyton were three (Picture: UkNewsinPictures)

‘Kyson, he was just such a gentle soul. He was so shy but so outgoing at the same time, he was so beautiful.

‘The younger two, they were more boisterous and would play fight with each other, and do sword fights, Nerf guns, they liked all stuff like that.’

‘They will always be in my heart and I’m just happy they have each other to hold and they’re not alone. Daddy loves you forever.’

Rose, aged 29, also denied cruelty towards the children who died after the fire on Collingwood Road in Sutton.

Rose was subsequently charged with four counts of manslaughter and cruelty to a child under the age of 16.

The defendant, who is on bail, entered her pleas on Monday during a hearing before Judge Mark Lucraft KC at the Old Bailey.

The trial at the same court, which was put back a week to September 9, is due to take up to three weeks.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check our news page.

MORE : Groom thrown in jail on Mallorca stag do pays £850 bail to have his dream wedding

MORE : Killer drug sold on social media is being mistaken for ecstasy

MORE : Man steals child cancer collections after breaking into a Wetherspoons

Continue Reading